Essential Oil Blend to help in quitting Smoking!
It is highly recommended to quit smoking if you are pregnant or nursing. If you are pregnant and trying to quit smoking, you can use this blend too! Simply substitute lavender for the clary sage and use half as much as recommended, when diffusing or using topically.
- 40 drops black pepper essential oil (Piper nigrum)
- 20 drops clary sage essential oil (Salvia sclarea)
- 30 drops bergamot essential oil (Citrus bergamia)
- 30 drops grapefruit essential oil (Citrus paradisi)
- 10 drops roman chamomile essential oil (Anthemis nobilis)
- 20 drops sweet marjoram essential oil (Origanum majorana)
- 24 drops coriander essential oil (Coriandrum sativum)
- empty essential oil bottle
- Combine essential oils in a 15 ml amber glass bottle. Swirl the bottle gently to mix. Store in a cool dark place with your other essential oils, when not using!
How to use the essential oil blend
You could use this blend topically, diluted in a roll-on bottle, but this blend is most effective using inhalation rather than topical application.
- Aromatherapy Inhaler – This is my favorite choice for what we’re using this blend for. Aromatherapy Inhalers are perfect to keep on hand in your back pocket or purse, for whenever the need to take a whiff arises! The best part is you’re the only one who smells your personal inhaler, so the essential oils used will not offend anyone around you! To use, place 25-30 drops of the essential oil blend into a small glass bowl. Add the cotton pad to the bowl and roll it around (using tweezers, not bare fingers) until it’s soaked up all the essential oils. Using tweezers, remove pad and place in inhaler tube. After closing the inhaler tube, be sure to label it so that you don’t forget which blend it is! You can pull the inhaler out and take a few deep whiffs for up to 2 minutes (the amount of time it roughly takes to smoke a cigarette) whenever you are feeling a craving.
- Smelling Salts – This is just another way to keep a sniffer around with you on-the-go. In a 10 ml (1/3 oz.) glass bottle, add 30 drops of Butt Kicker essential oil blend and fill the remainder of the bottle with either fine or coarse sea salt. Waft the bottle under your nose while taking deep inhalations for up to 2 minutes (the amount of time it roughly takes to smoke a cigarette), whenever you feel a craving.
- Diffuser – This blend works really well in the diffuser when you are at home or in your office (I have this diffuser for my office!), using the recommended amount of drops for your diffuser, diffuse this blend throughout the space that you are occupying. Diffuse for 30 minutes ON and 60 minutes OFF so as not to get oiled out!